|Consultant: Communications / Messaging Expert for the Alliances for Africa (AfA) – Funds for Gender Equality (FGE) Project on Full Implementation of 35% Affirmative Action|
|Nigeria – South Eastern States with limited travel|
|Application Deadline :||09-June-18|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Languages Required :||Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English|
|Duration of Contract :||18 June 2018- 31August 2019.|
|Alliances for Africa (AfA) is currently implementing a project in South Eastern Nigeria titled; Full Implementation of 35% Affirmative Action in Nigeria by 2018. The project States includes Imo, Abia, Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi States. The Project is aimed at achieving the full implementation of 35% Affirmative Action through the inclusion of more women in all levels of leadership.
Objective of the Assignment: The Project is seeking a Communications Expert to develop and support the implementation of Communications Messaging strategies for the project, such as developing various messaging content challenging stereotypes, norms mitigating against women inclusion and participation in political leadership in South East Nigeria.
|Duties and Responsibilities: The Consultant will be home-based working under the supervision of the Project Manager with limited travel to the 5 project states for in person interactions with relevant stake holders. All related travel expenses will be supported by the project travel fund and in compliant with AfA rules and regulations for consultants.|
|Communications toolkit: The central element of the communication /messaging strategies is a framework to advocate for policy recommendations towards support for 35% Affirmative Action, Influence narratives and negative discourse regarding women in politics; hopefully change the perception and stereotypes mitigating against women political participation in politics. The Consultant is therefore expected to deliver two most important deliverables in a social media strategy:
1) Design a Social Media Listening and Monitoring Report: A kick-off meeting will be held in the 5 project states with the trained women politicians and key stakeholders to agree on keywords, identify obstacles and challenges, and trends as it relates to women political participation.
2). Produce an Editorial Calendar on Social Media Platform Engagement: Produce a detailed content calendar for each social platform. During the FGD the consultant is expected to discuss the findings, key issues, threats, and opportunities. During this meeting, He or She is expected to start setting goals and objectives, creating content pillars and themes, and likely messages for the purpose of jingle and short videos development.
· Generate a comprehensive report out of the kick off meeting and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
· 24 social media campaigns (every month) to reach approximately 1.2 million users
· one communication /Message on monthly basis tailored towards addressing the challenges identified.
· Convert the message into musical and radio jingles to be aired at a national radio station monthly;
· In addition, He or She is expected to disseminate the message via social media which includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for wider reach. We are hoping to reach close to 1.2million and above.
· Produce YouTube videos with a Nigerian celebrity on a bi-monthly basis endorsing the message produced; and video vignette for social media uploads.
· Create Visibility of Project by writing 2 information article on the subject to be published on AfA Websites and also circulate to partners
· Produce a YouTube trailer with the above interview for social media use.
· Develop questionnaires to aid AfA Cross Boarder Knowledge Exchange with other Africa Countries on issues around under representation of women in political leadership.
Management and organizational arrangements
|· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
· Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of AfA;
· Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
· Creativity and innovative thinking in responding to challenges and formulating solutions.
· Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team;
· Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
· Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations;
· Strong research analytical, reporting and writing abilities.
Evaluation of Applicants: The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as responsive/compliant and acceptable.
Application procedures: Qualified candidates are requested to submit to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
*We will inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.